Friday 15 January 2016

PRINT MAKING AGAIN!
Over the last year, I have returned to my print making roots. I bought a press, and now can create my water colour monotypes without having to rent time at a print studio. 
Water colour monotypes differ from traditional printing methods in that you don't get a series of prints which all look the same. While you will get multiple images from a particular printing plate, each print created is unique and cannot be duplicated by re-inking the plate. 
I have a highly detailed description of the process, but I won't post it here unless someone asks for it. Suffice it to say that this process is a lot of fun and each print is a new adventure since you can never fully predict what will show up when you remove the paper from the printing plate. 
Sometimes I draw into my prints to further enhance the images. 
Here are some samples of the types of prints I am doing these days.



SOLD



SOLD

SOLD


SOLD

SOLD






No comments:

Post a Comment